Woman's World Magazine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for REAL women to share their ideas, experiences, and stories.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesGalleryLog inRegisterChat
Visit Our Online Mag!
Badge
Latest topics
» Pumpkin soup recipe?
I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:43 pm by riggsdp

» Stumbling on an oasis
I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:55 pm by nabron

» smoothie recipe
I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:36 pm by debbie1392

» Update
I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 am by Admin

» I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum
I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:26 pm by Admin

Top posters
Admin
I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum I_vote_lcapI am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum I_voting_barI am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum I_vote_rcap 
Marnie
I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum I_vote_lcapI am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum I_voting_barI am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum I_vote_rcap 
nabron
marcime
debbie1392
riggsdp

I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
marcime

I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum Empty
PostSubject: I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum   I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi ! I'm Marcella, a relatively new blogger (baby blogger, really) living in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) in Canada. How cool is this - a forum for women to tell their stories!

I really need to tell my stories. As I'm 41 years old, theres lots of stories to tell, but I have only recently started to tell them, or write them. Sometimes it takes a while to let the stories out of the barn - for all kinds of reasons - sometimes the story still hurts too much, other times you know you haven't made your peace with it, and often theres just not enough time in the day to sit down and write.

I am a daughter of a couple of dutch immigrants who came to Canada as children with their families after WWII. My mother's family ended up living in a Chicken coop for their first year - Theres a few good stories to tell right there. I've grown away from the tight ethno-religio-centric bubble I grew up in (dutch Calvinist) and am now exploring Buddhism - thats a load of stories right there.

I am a mom of 2 teenaged sons and a pre-teen (son), raising boys is never dull, raising them as feminists is never unchallenging.

I just completed a combined Hons. B.A in Cultural studies and critical theory and...wait for it, Peace and Conflict. I cannot begin to tell you how much I learned that will carry me through the rest of my life - it was fantastic.

I am currently training at U of T to become an ESL teacher, or as they call it now, Teaching English as a Second or other Language teacher . In Toronto here, as I am sure other large cities, it is common for many people have at least 3 languages under their belt - English is just one more.

Well, I look forward to sharing - and reading you stories,

Marcella

Last edited by marcime on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistakes)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum   I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Marcela,

It's awesome that you've joined us! Things have been going a little slow around here but we're trying to pick things back up. Feel free to suggest anything for this forum and even for our online magazine, Woman's World. I look forward to getting to know you better and hearing your stories Smile

Oh and share some pics with us if you want! I've posted a few of my loved ones Smile
Back to top Go down

I am so darned pleased to be a part of this forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Woman's World Magazine :: WELCOME! :: INTROS-
Jump to: